- Applications have closed
|Project||Strengthening Ankawa Humanitarian Committee to respond – SACR Project|
|Contract duration||6 months|
|Deadline||04 December, 2022|
PS: This vacancy is on a rolling basis.
Ankawa Humanitarian Committee (AHC) is a local, non-Governmental, faith-based Organization established in February 2020, directed towards the fundamental challenges of humanitarian and development work facing our long-suffering communities.
AHC is guided by its core values of Humanity, Service, and Mercy to reach its vision of building a community where every citizen can live and worship freely and safely, prosper economically, have full access to education, and participate fully and responsibly in their country’s life.
Under the Supervision of Finance Coordinator, the Finance Officer will Support the department’s management of accounting systems and procedures in compliance with AHC established accounting standards, accounting principles, donor’s rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs in line with the (AHC) mission and vision. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
- Review and supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Insight financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate subrecipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen capacity of partner in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with subrecipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Reconciling daily, monthly, and yearly transactions
- Preparing yearly balance sheet.
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters
- Supporting the Finance Management and executives with projects and tasks when required
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Perform other duties and activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit and support of AHC and its mission.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting.
- Accounting experience 2 years minimum, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Experience and proficient skills in using MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Knowledge of financial reporting software is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Team and personal growth
- Strategic Thinking
- Accountability and transparency
- Commitment and loyalty to AHC mission
Required Languages: English, Arabic and Kurdish are a must.
Travel Required: (25% of the time is expected in assigned field locations).
How to apply : Send your CVs to the email address (HR@ankawahc.org ) by indicating the job title of the position that you apply for in the subject of the email
AHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer